Hindi Reading and Comprehension Lessons
padhe~ aur samajhe~
These Hindi short stories, poems and illustrations (.pdf format) are included here for ease of learning. You can get it color-printed to make it attractive for your children.
It is suggested that you start with Hindi Varnmala. Print and use it as reference sheet to identify Hindi alphabets in words you are reading. This will be helpful in initial stages of reading, while you learn to recognise them instantly.
Thereafter, listen to audio recording of any of these Hindi lessons listed below. You'll find it fun and easy to learn to identify Hindi words. Then read it yourself till you can do it satisfactorily.
Some large size .pdf documents may take longer time to display in your browser. In such instances, you may open it using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To download it on your computer, right click on the link and use option 'Save link as..' or 'Save target as..' to save it.
Hindi Short Stories - Reading and Comprehension Lessons
- Bahadur Bitto: A Punjabi tale
- Dost Ki Madad: A tale of helping friends in distress
- Sekhi-baaj Makkhi: A fly irritates a sleeping lion and ..
- Mira Behen: Lifestory of Mira Behen
- Bandar aur Gilahari: A funny tale.
- Bandar Baant: Two fighting cats seek justice from a monkey
- Meri Kitab: Picking up a book in library
- Nat-khat Chuha: Adventures of a nuaghty rat
- Bul-bul: Learn to recognise birds
- Jab Mujhako Saanp Ne Kaataa: A boy caught a baby snake and then..
- Balawaan Kaun: Who is more powerful
- Tip-Tip-vaa: A tale from Hindi heartland UP
- Kyonjee Mal aur Kaise Kasailiyaa: Fun with how and why in Hindi
Hindi Poems - Reading and Comprehension Lessons
- Titali aur Kali: butterfly and flower petals
- Pattiyon Ka Chidiyaghar:importance of green leaves
- Hum Se Sab Kahate: child's feelings
- Suraj Jaldi Aanaa Ji: Sunrise and sunset
Hindi Illustrated Stories - Reading and Comprehension Lessons
- Akal Badi Ya Bhains: Wisdom tales
- Aam Ki Kahani: Story of a mango
- Jhula: Swing in playground and other activities
- Patte Hi Patte: Learn counting, colors, shapes in Hindi
Have Your Say!
If you ever think a topic is not explained clearly or think we should add a specific lesson, please let us know. Chances are, you will find your suggestion included by the next time you come back