Begin Hindi Learning - Lesson 7
Begin Hindi Learning - Lesson 7 deals with Hindi words for "Using Please" in simple Hindi sentences.
kripayaa, kripaa karke
|Please, may I come in?||kripaya, kyaa mein andar aa sakataa (f. sakti) hoon?.|
|Yes, please come in.||Haan, kripayaa andar aaiye.|
|Can I borrow a book, please.||Kripyaa, kyaa mein ek kitab udhar le sakta (f. sakti) hoon?|
|Yes, you can. Please go to the bookshelf and select the book.||Haan, aap le sakte ho. Kripayaa kitabon ki almari se kitab chun kar le aaiye.|
|Please, give this book to me.||Kripayaa, yeh kitab mujhe dijiye.|
|Sure. Please wait for a moment.||Haan jaroor. Kuchh pal intezar kijiye.|
Dhanyabad (or, shukriyaa)
in (or inside) - andar,
to come - aanaa,
to borrow - udhar lena,
to select - chun na,
shelf - almari,
asking to give - dijiye,
to wait - intezar karna,
moment - pal
Try It Out :
1. Say in Hindi
- Please wait outside in the lawn.
- Please go to the market and get a notebook.
- Please lend your bicycle to me.
- Please take this medicine.
- Please rest for some time.
- Please practice for a few days.
- Please come early next day.
- Please hurry up and clean this place.
- Please be prompt in your answers.
2. Find Hindi words for these words. (Hint: Look up Hindi words page or some dictionary)
- out, outside
- to go, to lend, asking to take
- some time, next day, few days
- to hurry, to be prompt
- notebook, notepad, diary
- questions, answers
- medicine, snacks, food
3. Learn more Hindi words related to this lesson.
Have Your Say!
If you ever think a topic is not explained clearly or think we should add a specific lesson, please let us know. Chances are, you will find your suggestion included by the next time you come back
Hindi words pages that include Hindi text are best viewed with Internet Explorer (IE). Also see our page on Hindi Fonts in case of problem with Hindi text display.